The purpose of this Code of Conduct is to promote and strengthen the positive image of Logan City Rugby Union Club and to establish standards of performance and behaviour to ensure that all members act in a considerate, professional manner thus ensuring that the game and the club are promoted in a disciplined and sporting fashion. The Code of Conduct also seeks to deter all on-field and rugby related conduct that could damage the club’s reputation or the game of Rugby. In addition this Code of Conduct seeks to ensure that every member is liable to effective sanctions if they are found to have breached the Code of Conduct.
All members are bound to:
1. Abide by the Codes of Conduct issued by ARU, QRU and BJRU (all of which can be found on the respective web sites).
2. Promote the reputation of the game and to take all reasonable steps to prevent the game from being brought into disrepute
3. Conducts themselves in a manner, engage in activity on or off the field that encourages public confidence in the honest and orderly conduct of matches and competitions or in the integrity and good character of participants.
4. Refrain from anything which adversely affects or reflects on of discredits LCRU.
5. Display control and courtesy to all involved with the sport; respect the rights and worth of every person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
6. Ensure your decisions and actions contribute to a harassment free environment.
7. Respect the decisions of officials, coaches and administrators in the conduct of the sport.
8. Adopt appropriate and responsible behaviour in all interactions, and when practical; avoid unobserved one-on-one activity with people under the age of 18 years.
9. Adopt responsible behaviour in relation to alcohol and other drugs.
10. Act with integrity and objectivity, and accept responsibility for your actions.
11. Complete payment of all fees with the minimum of delay.
12. Ensure your decisions and actions contribute to a safe environment.
13. Do not tolerate harmful and abusive behaviours.
14. Take pride in the facilities provided by the Club and treat them with care.
15. Contribute towards the club in ways other than playing (e.g. coaching, managing, sitting on one of the club’s committees, providing expertise and labour, keeping playing areas and club house surrounds clean and tidy).
The Logan City Management Committee shall be the sole arbiter of any contraventions of this Code of Conduct in accordance with clause 8 and 9 of the Club’s Rules.